PERSONAL LISTENING PROFILE – Learn to listen and respond with purpose. Listening is more than hearing. Listening is the ability to receive, interpret, and respond to verbal messages and body language in ways that are appropriate to the purpose.
DISCOVER THE IMPACT OF DIFFFERENT LISTENING APPROACHES – The Personal Listening Profile® helps individuals identify which of the five listening approaches they use to process, organize, store, and retrieve information:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeks enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration.
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others.
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas.
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details.
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject messages based on personal beliefs.
The Personal Listening Profile helps people understand when their most natural listening approach may not be appropriate, and how to adopt another approach for more successful communication.
ORGANIZATIONS USE THE PERSONAL LISTENING PROFILE TO:
- Enhance communication
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Improve management effectiveness
- Reduce conflict
- Develop leaders
Facilitator Kits are available. The Personal Listening Profile is available in paper and online versions. For more information and pricing, call us at (916) 788-1094 or email us at email@example.com.
DiSC is a registered trademark of Inscape Publishing, Inc.