As an established leader, you’ve already proven you know how to lead. However, new challenges arise as you move upward within an organization, some of those challenges are:
- Team building and collaboration.
- Juggling the competing priorities between the function they lead and other areas of the business.
- Navigating the complex relationships with other senior and executive leaders.
- Understanding the ripple effect of their actions and decisions on the larger corporate culture.
- Making the shift to a more strategic mindset while gaining the emotional commitment of their people.
- Business acquisition and succession.
- Engaging in strategic thinking.
- Working on the right stuff.
- Lack of work/life balance due to poor boundaries and/or lack of margin.
These challenges have an impact on the business and the leader(s). Leaders often feel overwhelmed and experience frustration, and burnout. Their employees feel the effect of their micromanagement or overly hands-off approach resulting in lower levels of engagement and productivity. All of this adds up to potentially costly shortfalls and missed opportunities that impact personal and organizational health and success.
Are you facing a team challenge? Consider a group coaching session. This can be a great way to come up with a solution supported by the team.